About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm Heather Martin and currently I am enjoying my practicum placement at Kingston Elementary in Mrs. Long's 3rd grade class! I'm so excited to finally be teaching in the classroom!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

PBS Kids

http://pbskids.org/games/math.html

PBS Kids is a great teaching resources to use in your classroom.  This site makes it easy to integrate technology into your lesson plans.  Not only do I love the games that are used on this site but your students will as well.  I have seen PBS Kids used in several classrooms and the students are always eager to jump on the site and play game after game. 

The best part about this site is how engaging it is for the students.  The games are very age and content appropriate.  It's a teaching tool that you as the educator can choose to use in a variety of ways.  This can simply be a site you allow students to go to during free time or after they have finished all of their other assignments or, it can be designed to use as a math center during instructional time.  You can even go on the website and pick specific games for your students to play based off of the content you are covering that day in class.

Overall PBS Kids is an excellent resources for teachers.  However, I would also recommend PBS Teaches and PBS Parents as both of these sites are created by PBS and have just as many if not more useful resources that can really change how involved teachers and parents can be in their students/children's academic progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment